The Infant Program at Rose Hill Manor welcomes children six weeks and up. These early months are so precious and special, as is each and every child. We strive to make each child feel nurtured and each parent secure in their decision to entrust us with their care.
Enrollment in our Infant Program requires 2 days/week minimum. Full days only.
Rose Hill Manor provides a loving and caring environment for infants to grow and develop to their maximum potential. We provide a warm and secure place for the children, structured around their emerging understanding of simple routines: nourishment, sleep, human touch and care, etc.
Parents and teachers work together with open communication to meet your child's needs. We help facilitate this process through daily informational sheets. Through these daily reports, the parent can see what happened during the course of the day in regards to feeding times, naptimes, diaper changes, and playtime -- including tummy time or a favorite toy. The daily sheets also give the parent an opportunity to make a note of any special concerns or requests, because we fully understand that life with your little one is changing as you grow together. Of course you are always welcome to call and "check in" to see how the child's day is going.
Infant Program Goals
- To provide a safe, comforting, healthy environment for infants
- To develop a secure, trusting relationship with each infant
- To establish a supportive and positive relationship with parents
- To be responsive to each infant's temperament, schedule and needs
- To provide a developmentally appropriate environment that challenges and stimulates each infant
- To expose them to positive language interactions which develop receptive and expressive language and reactions
- To provide play experiences that help infants explore, discover and learn about their world which further develop motor skills
- To provide experiences that enhance and build each infant's sense of self-worth and self-esteem
Example of Infant Program Schedule
Schedules vary slightly for each location and depending on the season. We keep all parents and caregivers up-to-date through regular communications kept in a folder with your child's name on it.
- Diapering schedules are individualized based on arrival
- Naps and feeding schedules are individualized for each child
- Outside time is based on weather conditions, but we try to get outside for fresh air whenever possible!
7:30 - 9:00 Arrival, Free Play, Diapers
9:00 - 9:30 Snack and Circle Time
9:30 - 10:30 Floor Exploration, Art Activities, Games, Dancing & Excercise
10:30 - 11:30 Outside Time and Diapers
11:30 - 12:00 Lunch
12:00 - 3:00 Nap Time, Diapers and Free Play
3:00 - 3:15 Snack Time
3:15 - 4:15 Outside Play and/or Floor Exploration
4:45 - 5:30 End of Day Activities